Lemönplet is committed to delivering outstanding quality.
To help ensure you get the most from your purchases, please follow these simple care guidelines. If your item has fur content then:
- Always store your fur garments in cool storage when you are finished wearing them for the season or not using them. Do not store in an overly humid or dry place where no air is circulating. Avoid leaving it hanging in direct sunlight as the light can cause the fur to oxidize or change color.
- Clean your fur annually or every other year by an Authorized Furcare Specialist only - NEVER a dry cleaner. Your fur may not look dirty, but it is important to gently remove all microscopic dust, salt, makeup, perfume, and airborne pollutants to keep it soft and supple.
- Repair small rips or tears immediately by an Authorized Fur care Specialist. This will prevent more expensive repairs later.
- Always hang your fur on a broad-shoulder hanger, never a wire hanger. Allow enough space so that your fur is not crushed.
- Never hang your fur in bags of any type. Plastic or rubber-lined bags prevent air from circulating, which can dry out the skin. Cloth bags can also cause wear and broken hairs over time where the bag rests against the fur.
- Do not store your fur in a cedar closet. Cedarwood absorbs moisture, which can dry out your fur. Also, cedar closets do not protect from dust, dirt, and insect damage.
- Do not store your fur with mothballs. Mothballs react with moisture in the air to produce a gas that acts as a fumigant. This chemical reaction can cause irreparable damage to your fur (not to mention a lingering odor).
- Avoid spraying perfume, hairspray, or any other chemicals on your fur. The alcohol content in these products will dry the leather and stiffen the guard hairs.
- If your fur gets wet, shake it out and hang to dry in a well-ventilated room. Avoid direct heat or radiators, which can damage both fur and leather. If your fur is completely soaked, take it immediately to your Authorized Fur care Specialist for proper treatment.